Monday, January 10, 2011

Salvation

Isn't it amazing the way that God continues to love and bless us in spite of us? I thank God for Jesus, but most of all I thank God that He would send Jesus to save all of us while we were all His enemies. I mean who does that? What kind of king comes down from his throne, comes down into the mess and problems of these people who care nothing about him and die so that they can live?!?! That is some kind of love I tell ya. Think about this though, not only did he plan to do it, but he actually did it!! If i were Jesus, everybody would probably die, because as soon as people got to turning against me, spitting on me, mocking me and O LORD, nailing me to the cross....that's it, it's a wrap! I'm coming down off that cross and showing everybody a thing or two. But look how amazing this man is, and only because of Him are we given the grace and mercy of God for our sins. There is no sin great enough to outweigh God's grace. Romans 5:9-11 says "Now that we are set right with God by means of this sacrificial death, the consummate blood sacrifice, there is no longer a question of being at odds with God in any way. If, when we were at our worst, we were put on friendly terms with God by the sacrificial death of his Son, now that we're at our best, just think of how our lives will expand and deepen by means of his resurrection life! Now that we have actually recieved this amazing friendship with God, we are no longer content to simply say it in plodding prose. We sing and shout our praises to God through Jesus, the Messiah!" When Jesus died on the cross he paid for us all! Good news, salvation is a gift and it's free, the only thing we have to do is accept it. This wonderful gift from God is the only free thing I know of that so many won't take advantage of. And to think, it's the most valuable gift anyone could ever get. I think it is amazing that God gave us commandments to live by but then He turns around and says, but here, I give you my Son as well, for when you mess up. If you have faith and believe in him as your Savior, no matter what you do or how much you do wrong you can still be forgiven, and you can still enter heaven. Isn't that just amazing? But you must have faith, faith is the key to getting everything that God has for you, every prayer answered, every blessing, every miracle, all the riches, everything he has in store.
TBC...

God is good,
Sierra Shanay

1 comment: